It's the middle of the night and I am just now finding the time to blog. Last night was a really good night for Gideon. He didn't have to have any extra boluses of pain meds or sedatives and they didn't even need to consider paralytics. He slept wonderfully and did what they call "riding" the vent. Today they even 'sort of' let us hold him. Sometimes it is hard to keep facing whatever comes and doing it with "courage, grace and faith," but when we manage to do it, it feels wonderful! We don't always manage to do it. We have our low moments, but we keep hoping for the good news and good health for Gideon. Today, we found a quote from Elder Wilford W. Anderson's talk from last conference, "The Rock of Our Redeemer".
"....hope, with its attendant blessings of peace and joy does not depend upon circumstance. - ...the true source of hope is faith -- faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and in His infinite Atonement, the one sure foundation upon which to build our lives." --Elder Wilford W. Anderson
2 comments:
I just checked my blog today to find your update - so I came to Gideon's blog to read about this. I'm crying right now, but I'm so glad to know. We'll be praying for you and him.
P.S. I LOVE his name. And yes I did know what Gideon stands for - because he is my (by far) favorite person in the BOM!
Love you Teala! Hang in there! There are many prayers being said for you and your family.
Love you tons!
Bonita
Post a Comment