Tuesday, June 1, 2010
In-n-Out
I was warned that sometimes when babies are extubated they aren't quite ready and they have to be re-intubated. I was still a little devastated when the nurse called me at 4:00 am to say Gideon had become extremely upset and couldn't be consoled until he was having breathing trouble. They had to put a CPAP machine on him until they could re-intubate him, which they did a little while after Wadie and I arrived at the hospital on Saturday morning. He was having "staring episodes" that looked a little like seizures so they did and EEG on Saturday as well. The EEG showed no seizures which is good. They had to put 26 leads on his head and leave them for about 24 hours. When they took the leads off, the tape pulled out big patches of his hair. I was so heartbroken for him when I saw all the hair on the tape. I didn't even know he had that much hair. Now, he has huge bald spots all over his head. My sweet baby. I'm so grateful for the knowledge he is strong. I wouldn't like any of that. They are re-extubating him today. Wadie is with him at the hospital and I am at the house spending time with Garrett, Acee, and Walt and packing up the car so they can come home again. I miss my Alexis. She spent four days with the family of a dear friend who is moving at the end of this month and she is a little heartbroken over it. They are a wonderful family and I appreciate them being people I can trust to let my daughter stay with under the circumstances. I love you Simpson family. :) Wadie and his bro-in-law Bill gave Gideon a blessing last night. I don't know what we would do without Wade's family up here or all of you back at home. I love the sweet comments and kind messages and wishes we have been receiving! I have always believed I was grateful for family, friends, Christlike love, the priesthood and many other of the blessings I have been given throughout my life. However, over the past month, I have felt love and friendship, the blessings of the priesthood and the power of prayer more than I can ever really express. Thank you for being my family's source of strength. Through your love, we feel the Saviors love even more. Have a great day!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Teala and Wade, Oh how you are in our prayers. I keep thinking about the saying that says...."That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger". I believe I know how strong the both of you are, yet my heart still aches for you. He is a very special little guy. May our Father in Heaven continue to bless your family and watch over each of you. We so miss your smiling faces each Sunday. Love, Sis O.
Post a Comment